Potatoes are so versatile! Alone, baked, chips, in indian dishes, summer salads and the list can go on. But I do have a soft spot for some good hash browns.
Now, the question is, how can I enjoy hash browns without eggs and oil?
My way of making hash browns is healthy, cruelty free and yes it does taste GOOD!
- 2 red potatoes
- 3 fresh mushrooms
- 1 sweet bell pepper
- flax seeds
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
- sweet paprika
- cayenne pepper
- hemp powder
- No Oil.
- I had 2 red potatoes, washed them and start the party! Grate the potatoes. Be careful with your fingers because I was not. I’m a potato.
- After that have your finely chopped potatoes in a bowl with cold water. Leave them there for 20-30 minutes so all the starch drown in it’s own juice. Heh, phunny, right?
- Meanwhile prepare 2-3 big fresh mushrooms and yes, grate them or finally chop them. Put your mushrooms aside in a big bowl.
- I added one chopped sweet bell pepper in the mushrooms bowl.
- Now it is time for Seasoning Orchestra (Antonio Vivaldi – The Four Season, op 8, “Spring”: Allegro) I have 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, 2 teaspoons of onion powder, 1 teaspoon of black pepper, 1 teaspoon of sweet paprika and cayenne pepper, oregano and thyme together 1 teaspoon, 2 spoons of hemp powder, salt. Mix.
- Now, I have a delightful smell that it is ready to receive some shredded potatoes.
- Before I added shredded potatoes, I made sure I discharged with a kitchen towel all the water.
- Add shredded potatoes in the symphony bowl and mix.
- Ok, I have a great texture but it is unravelling. What to do? Remember my 2ShotsBurger post where I wrote about gluey flax seeds? It is the same process.
- I added my sticky flax seeds, I mixed everything together and I placed my mixture on a baking paper sheet.
- Yes, I had my oven preheated to 200 degrees celsius (or 400 F.Celsius).
- No oil, exactly.
- I baked it for 30-35 minutes until crunchy and light brown. It will be sticky.
- Serve it with any sauce/dip you desire. It works with ketchup, vegan cheese spread, mustard, horseradish, salsa, guacamole.
- Bon appetite!